Share this article

print logo

Farm animals lost in barn fire that causes $125,000 damage

A rabbit, some chickens, a snowmobile and tools were lost in a Town of Sheldon barn fire late Tuesday, according to the Wyoming County Office of Emergency Services.

The cause of the fire, which was reported at 10:32 p.m. in the 2700 block of North Sheldon Road, was an overheated heat lamp, according to county officials.

Also lost in the fire was a utility task vehicle, the Office of Emergency Services said.

Firefighters from companies in Sheldon, Strykersville, Bennington, Harris Corners, Holland and Wales Center were called in to battle the fire, which was put out after 3 1/2 hours, according to the emergency services office.

The estimated damage from the fire was $125,000, the emergency services office said.

Story topics: /

There are no comments - be the first to comment