Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Friday
1. Boys swimming - Section VI Championships at UB's Alumni Arena
This year's Section VI Championships wrap up with diving finals starting at 11 a.m. and the swimming finals starting at 6 p.m. The state meet is March 2-3 at the Nassau County Aquatic Center on Long Island.
2. Boys basketball - Bishop Timon-St. Jude at St. Francis, 6:30 p.m.
No. 5 large school Bishop Timon-St. Jude (17-4, 8-3) visits No. 8 St. Francis (12-10, 6-5) in Monsignor Martin action. The Tigers beat the Red Raiders at home back on Jan. 26, 82-66. Frannies nearly upset No. 1 Canisius Wednesday, losing in double overtime to the Crusaders, 77-72.
3. Girls basketball - Wilson Postseason Prep Tournament
Two of the top small schools in Western New York headline tonight's lineup, as No. 9 Wilson hosts No. 5 Allegany-Limestone. Winners play in the championship Saturday at 2:30 p.m., while the consolation is at 1 p.m.
- Cleveland Hill vs. Mount Mercy, 6 p.m.
- Allegany-Limestone vs. Wilson, 7:30 p.m.
4. Girls basketball - Lockport Tournament
No. 6 large school East Aurora plays Nichol in the first game, while honorable mention Lockport hosts Albion in the nightcap. Winners play Saturday at 7:30 p.m., while the consolation is at 6 p.m.
- East Aurora vs. Nichols, 6 p.m.
- Albion vs. Lockport, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Olmsted at Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements