Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Tuesday
1. Girls hockey - WNY Federation quarterfinals
The Western New York Federation playoffs get underway with a triple-header at Northtown Center today.
- 2-Monsignor Martin vs. 7-West Seneca/Hamburg/Eden, 4:30 p.m.
- 3-Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence vs. 6-Kenmore/Grand Island, 6 p.m.
- 4- Williamsville vs. 5-Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew, 7:30 p.m.
Frontier/Lake Shore/Orchard Park, which won a state title Sunday, is the top seed and has a bye into Thursday's semifinals at Northtown Center.
2. Boys basketball - East at South Park, 6:30 p.m.
No. 4 small school East (13-6, 10-3) visits honorable mention large school South Park (11-8, 10-3) in a Yale Cup I showdown. The Panthers look to rebound from a three-point loss to Health Sciences from the MLK Classic Saturday. The Sparks have won six of their last seven, including wins over Middle College and McKinley.
Middle College (11-2) can clinch the league title today with a win over Emerson.
3. Boys basketball - Niagara Catholic at St. Mary's of Lancaster, 7 p.m.
No. 8 small school Niagara Catholic (14-7, 6-6) heads to No. 9 St. Mary's (14-8, 8-5) for a Monsignor Martin Class B matchup. The Lancers won a close game at the Patriots on Jan. 3, 67-64.
No. 6 Cardinal O'Hara is on top of Class B with a 7-1 record, while St. Mary's is 6-2 and Niagara Catholic 5-2.
4. Girls basketball - Albion at Wilson, 6 p.m.
No. 9 small school Wilson (11-6, 7-4) hosts Niagara-Orleans League rival Albion (9-8, 8-3). The Lakewomen beat the Purple Eagles on the road on Jan. 16, 41-30.
- Girls basketball: Akron at Newfane, 6:30 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements