Beer and brunch
Mr. Goodbar (1110 Elmwood Ave.) will host Bang Bang After Brunch Brunch, a five-course beer pairing event featuring Community Beer Works, from 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 11. The tentative lineup is as follows:
• Aperitif: Beermosa made with raspberry witbier.
• Appetizer: Mini corn dogs with ketchup and mustard, paired with Frank American pale ale.
• Salad: Pulled pork pierogi with Cajun stout barbecue sauce on a bed of micro greens, paired with the Whale American brown ale.
• Main: Chicken and loaded potato tots (garlic and herb, or creole), paired with Amazing Larry cream ale.
• Dessert: Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches, paired with Beer Is For Closers espresso milk stout.
Tickets are $20 at the bar. Call 882-4000.
Chili for charity
Flying Bison Brewing Company (840 Seneca St.) will hold its annual Chili Cookoff for Charity from 1 to 5 p.m. Feb. 17.
Interested cooks can still contact Flying Bison via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or via the contact form, to sign up and submit a recipe. Prizes include trophies, bar tabs and Flying Bison merchandise.
Money raised from the event will benefit Wings Flights of Hope, which provides emergency medical air transport for those in need. Call 873-1557.
Beer releases for Five & 20
Five & 20 Spirits & Brewing (8398 W. Main St., Westfield) has published its 2018 Beer Release Calendar. Customers can view the calendar, where all the planned beer releases for the year are posted along with style and packaging info.
Later this year, Five & 20 will be looking for help from its fans to name some of the beers in its Tier 3 series as well; look for naming contest posts on its Facebook page. Call 793-9463.