The Buffalo area has long had a reputation as a market where trucks and SUVs are popular. That's particularly true of Chevy- and Ford-brand trucks, in light of those two automakers' decades-old manufacturing presence.
These are the 10 top-selling vehicles in the Buffalo Niagara market, according to Edmunds.com:
- Chevy Silverado (6.1 percent of all sales).
- Chevy Equinox (5 percent).
- Ford F Series (4.6 percent).
- Ford Escape (4.5 percent).
- Dodge Ram (3.6 percent).
- Chevrolet Cruze (3.4 percent).
- Chevrolet Trax (2.8 percent).
- Toyota RAV4 (2.8 percent).
- Buick Encore (2.5 percent).
- Chevrolet Malibu (2.4 percent).
The statewide sales picture was different. The Nissan Rogue was tops in market share last year, at 3.5 percent, followed by the Toyota Rav4, Honda CR-V, Honda Accord, and the Silverado, according to Edmunds. Nationally, the Ford F-Series was No. 1 in market share