Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Monday
1. Girls basketball - Lake Shore at Iroquois, 6:30 p.m.
No. 6 large school Iroquois (13-0, 5-0), one of the few unbeatens left in Western New York, welcomes No. 10 Lake Shore (9-3, 5-1) in a key ECIC III matchup. The Chiefs visit Lake Shore shorty after in a rematch on Wednesday.
2. Girls hockey - Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence vs. Frontier/Lake Shore/Orchard Park, 4:30 p.m.
Two of the top teams in the Federation square off at Riverworks when top-seeded FLOP (12-1-3-0-1) takes on CASH (7-4-1-3-1). The teams haven't played since a 4-4 tie on Dec. 19. FLOP won the first matchup on Dec. 15, 6-1.
3. Boys basketball - St. Mary's of Lancaster at Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 6:30 p.m.
No. 3 large school Bishop Timon-St. Jude (13-2, 4-1) hosts No. 8 small school St. Mary's (11-5, 5-3) in Monsignor Martin play. The Tigers are on a five-game winning streak since losing at No. 2 Canisius over three weeks ago. The Lancers look to bounce back from Friday's 76-51 loss at No. 7 Cardinal O'Hara.
4. Boys hockey - Grand Island vs. Kenmore West, 6 p.m.
Grand Island (9-2-1) goes for the season sweep of Kenmore West (7-5-1) when the two play at Hyde Park Ice Pavilion this evening. Dylan Russo had a hat trick for the Vikings in a 6-2 win over the Blue Devils back on Dec. 10.
- Boys basketball: Niagara Catholic at St. Francis, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Chautauqua Lake at Olean, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Fredonia at Chautauqua Lake, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Randolph at Portville, 7:30 p.m.
- Boys hockey: Canisius vs. Lancaster, 6 p.m. at HarborCenter
- Girls hockey: Monsignor Martin vs. Williamsville, 8:40 p.m. at Northtown Center
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements