We know there's no homeroom today. But we're up and ready to go.
Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Saturday
1. Wrestling - Inaugural NYSPHSAA Dual Meet Championships
Lancaster and Falconer are in the field for the first-ever state wrestling team championships held at Onondaga Community College in Syracuse. Wrestling starts at 9 a.m. for both schools from Section VI. Click here for a complete schedule.
2. Boys hockey - St. Francis vs. Sweet Home, 3 p.m.
The top two teams in Division 3 face off at Northtown Center when Sweet Home (10-1), the state's No. 1 small school, takes on No. 4 St. Francis (8-0-1). The Red Raiders handed the Panthers their only loss of the season in a 6-2 game on Dec. 17.
3. Girls basketball - Fredonia at Allegany-Limestone, 1:30 p.m.
No. 5 small school Allegany-Limestone (11-1) hosts honorable mention Fredonia (4-7) in nonleague action. The Gators beat the Hillbillies on Dec. 15, 55-44, and have won six straight since an 11-point loss to No. 1 Franklinville on Dec. 30.
4. Boys basketball - Tapestry at Randolph, 5 p.m.
No. 9 small school Tapestry (11-3) visits Randolph (7-6 UPDATE) in what could be a preview come the Section VI Class C playoffs. All three of Tapestry's losses have been to top teams such as Health Sciences, Cardinal O'Hara and McKinley. The Cardinals won their fifth game in the last six with a come-from-behind 66-65 win over Silver Creek yesterday.
5. Track & field - Houghton College Invitational
The invite at the Kerr-Pegula Field House starts at 10 a.m. and goes until 5 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Grand Island at Niagara Wheatfield, 11:30 a.m.
- Girls basketball: Panama at Frontier, 1:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Williamsville East at Clarence, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys hockey: Canisius vs. Niagara Wheatfield, 6:30 p.m. at HarborCenter
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements