Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Wednesday
1. Boys basketball - St. Francis at St. Mary's of Lancaster, 7 p.m.
No. 7 large school St. Francis visits No. 6 small school St. Mary's in the top matchup of the day. The Red Raiders are coming off a 74-62 win at St. Joe's from Friday, while the Lancers dropped a competitive 74-62 game to Canisius Monday.
2. Boys hockey - Kenmore West vs. West Seneca East, 9:15 p.m.
West Seneca East (9-2) welcomes Kenmore West (6-4-1) to West Seneca Ice Rink in a key Division 2 game. At 8-2, the Trojans moved into first play in the standings with their 5-4 overtime win over Hamburg yesterday. The Blue Devils are 4-0-1 since a 5-4 loss to West Seneca West on Dec. 15.
3. Girls basketball - Sacred Heart at Mount Mercy, 6 p.m.
No. 4 large school Sacred Heart heads to Mount Mercy in Monsignor Martin play. The Sharks have won four in a row, including a 66-20 game against Nardin yesterday, since a loss at Section V's Bishop Kearney on Jan. 6. The Magic had a dominant defensive outing in a 45-21 win over the Gators Monday.
- Boys basketball: V-UPrep at Cardinal O'Hara, 5 p.m.
- Girls hockey: Kenmore/Grand Island vs. Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew, 5:30 p.m. at Riverworks
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements