We know there's no homeroom today. But we're up and ready to go.
Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Saturday
1. Boys basketball - Canisius at Park, 3:30 p.m.
It's a clash of the titans with No. 1 large school Canisius (10-1, 2-0) visiting No. 2 Park (10-4, 3-1). The lone loss for the Crusaders this year was in Georgia against St. Pius X just after Christmas. The Pioneers suffered their first local loss last Tuesday at No. 3 Bishop Timon-St. Jude but have won two games since.
2. Wrestling - Second Section VI Dual Team Championships, 10 a.m. at Lancaster Field House
Niagara Wheatfield and Pioneer took home the team titles at the first dual championships last year, but there's a new prize for the winners this season: a trip to the first NYSPHSAA Dual Meet Championships in Syracuse next weekend. Finals start at 4 p.m.
3. Girls basketball - Franklinville at East Aurora, 2 p.m.
No. 1 small school Franklinville (10-0) puts its undefeated record on the line when it visits No. 7 large school East Aurora (8-2). The Panthers already have impressive wins over Sacred Heart, St. Mary's of Lancaster and Allegany-Limestone this season. The Blue Devils rebounded from a four-point loss to Clarence last Saturday with a 58-31 win over Springville yesterday.
4. Track & field - The Border War Invitational, 10 a.m.
The best from Section VI take on the best of Section V in the annual crossover competition at Houghton College today.
5. Boys hockey - Canisius vs. Williamsville North, 3 p.m.
Williamsville North (13-0-2, 9-0-2) faces its second tough test in as many days when its squares off with Canisius (4-3-1-1) at Northtown Center. The Spartans beat St. Joe's Friday, 3-1. The Crusaders, who beat the Marauders Monday, 4-2, lost to North on Dec. 3, 5-2.
- Boys basketball: Maryvale at Olean, 2:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Niagara Falls at Lockport, 2:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Lancaster at Frontier, noon
- Boys hockey: Lancaster vs. Niagara Wheatfield, 6 p.m. at HarborCenter
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements