Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly and the Kelly for Kids Foundation have announced the names of local organizations that will be recipients of a total of $240,000 in 2017 grants.
The charities that help children will be awarded their grants at the Kelly for Kids Annual Luncheon set for noon Tuesday at Ilio DiPaolo’s restaurant in Blasdell. One representative from each organization is scheduled to be present at the luncheon.
According to the foundation, it received a record 117 grant applications in 2017.
Here are the grant winners:
- Alleyway Theatre
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Be a Friend/ Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County
- BISON Children's Scholarship Fund
- Borinquen Dance Theatre
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Depew Lancaster
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northtowns
- Buffalo Kiwanis Club Foundation
- Buffalo Prep
- Camp Good Days & Special Times Inc.
- Community Action of Orleans & Genesee
- Cradle Beach
- Danceability Inc.
- ECMC Foundation
- EPIC (Every Person Influences Children)
- For Our Daughters Inc.
- Gilda's Club of Rochester – Camp Open Arms
- Girls' initiative of the Women's Foundation of Genesee Valley
- Healing Tree School of Music
- Hunter's Hope Foundation
- Ilio DiPaolo Scholarship Fund
- Kids Escaping Drugs
- Learning Disabilities of WNY
- Make Lemon Aide Inc.
- Olmsted Center for Sight
- Parent Network of WNY
- People Inc.
- Police Athletic League of Buffalo
- Pursue Your It Foundation
- R2R Ministry
- Roanchar Ranch Draft Horse Rescue
- Rural Outreach Center
- Spiritus Christi Mental Health Center
- Stanley Makowski Early Childhood Center BPS 99
- Starbridge Services Inc.
- St. Joe's Anthony Martino Memorial Fund
- Suneel's Light Foundation
- The ARC of Genesee & Orleans County
- The Salvation Army
- Wings Flight of Hope
- Western New York Physically Challenged Youth Sports
- Women's & Children's Hospital of Buffalo
Story topics: Kelly for Kids Foundation