We know there's no homeroom today. But we're up and ready to go.
Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Saturday
1. Wrestling tournaments
There area five local tournaments on today's schedule, plus the Eastern States Classic at Sullivan County Community College near Poughkeepsie.
- 52nd annual Niagara-Orleans League Championships, 8:30 a.m. at Albion
- Lockport Invitational, 9 a.m.
- Patrick J. Morales Memorial Tournament, 9 a.m. at Falconer
- Williamsville North Invitational, 9 a.m.
- 50th annual Franklinville Invitational, 9:30 a.m.
2. Girls basketball - Clarence at East Aurora, 1 p.m.
No. 8 large school East Aurora (7-1) hosts No. 10 Clarence (4-4) in a nonleague matchup featuring some of the top post players in Western New York. The Blue Devils are led by captains Emma Brinker and Sarah Tully, and the Red Devils ride the senior duo of Ella Rose Eckert and Carly Reynolds.
3. Girls basketball - Panama at Lancaster, 1:30 p.m.
No. 2 small school Panama (8-0) looks to stay undefeated when it visits honorable mention large school Lancaster (7-1). The Class D Panthers already have two wins over Class AA Jamestown. The Legends lost their first game of the year to Frontier on Tuesday.
4. Boys hockey - Kenmore East vs. Kenmore West, 5 p.m.
Crosstown rivals face off for the first time this year at Lincoln Ice Arena. Kenmore West (5-4) has won three straight games and four of its last five since starting off 0-3. Kenmore East (2-3-0-1) won its first game coming out of the holiday break, a 5-2 decision at Hamburg on Monday.
5. Track & field - Trent Jackson/Cedric Walker Indoor Invitational, 2 p.m.
The sixth annual meet at Brockport had its start time has been changed to 2 p.m. this afternoon.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements