Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Tuesday
1. Boys basketball - East at Middle College, 7:30 p.m.
Yale Cup powers clash when No. 4 small school Middle College (5-3, 2-0) hosts No. 6 East (5-3, 3-1). The Kats have league wins over McKinley and South Park so far. The Panthers lost to McKinley by three but beat I-Prep/Grover, Hutch-Tech and South Park.
2. Boys basketball - Park at Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 6:30 p.m.
No. 2 large school Park (8-3, 2-0) heads to No. 7 Bishop Timon-St. Jude (8-2, 0-1) for a key Monsignor Martin showdown. The Pioneers have blowout league wins over Nichols and St. Joe's. The Tigers lost their opener to Canisius by 13.
3. Girls basketball - Frontier at Lancaster, 7:30 p.m.
Undefeated Lancaster (7-0, 2-0) welcomes Frontier (1-5, 1-1) for an ECIC I battle between honorable mention large schools.
The Legends has solid wins over Mount Mercy, Jamestown, Williamsville East and Kenmore East. The Falcons have had one of the toughest schedules to open the year with losses against top teams St. Mary's, Cardinal O'Hara, V-Irondequoit, Sacred Heart and Orchard Park.
4. Girls hockey - Kenmore/Grand Island vs. Monsignor Martin, 7:40 p.m.
Monsignor Martin (5-1-0-0-1) takes on Kenmore/Grand Island (0-7-1-0-1) at Lincoln Ice Arena today. Monsignor Martin lost to Williamsville in early December, 2-1, and lost to Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence in overtime last Thursday, 5-4. Ken/GI picked up a tie in a 0-0 game against West Seneca/Hamburg/Eden but it has been competitive in almost every game this season. Six of eight losses have been by either one or two goals.
- Boys basketball: McKinley at Burgard, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Jamestown at West Seneca West, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: St. Joe's at Canisius, 7 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Cardinal O'Hara at St. Mary's of Lancaster, 7 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Medina at Wilson, 6 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements