Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Monday
1. Boys basketball - Ellicottville at Franklinville, 7:30 p.m.
No. 5 small school Franklinville (6-2, 1-0) hosts its rival in No. 8 Ellicottville (8-0, 1-0) in a key CCAA East II showdown. Both teams return their entire starting lineups from last year's league co-championship teams. The Panthers beat Ellicottville in the Section VI semifinals before winning the sectional and regional titles and reaching the NYSPHSAA final four.
2. Girls basketball - Mount St. Mary at Cardinal O'Hara, 6 p.m.
Unanimous No. 1 large school Cardinal O'Hara (4-4) welcomes No. 7 Mount St. Mary (10-1) in Monsignor Martin play. The Hawks are looking to rebound from two straight losses in the Elmira Holiday Inn Classic on New Year's weekend. The Thunder lost their lone game to undefeated No. 6 large school Iroquois.
3. Boys hockey - St. Francis vs. St. Mary's of Lancaster, 6 p.m.
Monsignor Martin rivals St. Francis (3-0-1) and St. Mary's (3-1) square off on the ice in a Division 3 matchup at HarborCenter. The Red Raiders tied North Tonawanda, while the Lancers lost to Sweet Home.
Bishop Timon-St. Jude and Canisius play in the second game of the doubleheader at 8 p.m.
4. Girls hockey - Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence vs. Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew, 4 p.m.
CASH (7-2-1-1) looks to take over the top spot in the standings when it plays LID (1-6-1) at the Northtown Center. With 24.5 points, CASH is a half-point behind Frontier/Lake Shore/Orchard Park (7-1-2-0-1).
- Boys basketball: Southwestern at Dunkirk, 7:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Nichols at Niagara Catholic, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Amherst at Williamsville East, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: East Aurora at Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Sacred Heart at St. Mary's of Lancaster, 7 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements