Share this article

print logo

House fire blamed on space heater drives seven into the cold

Seven adults were being assisted by the American Red Cross Sunday afternoon after a fire blamed on a defective space heater damaged their Amherst Street home.

Buffalo firefighters were called to the large, multifamily home at 1693 Amherst St., close to the corner of Voorhees Avenue, shortly after 12:30 p.m. A chief on the scene reported that the fire began on the first floor and spread to the second.

The fire was declared under control at 12:54 p.m. It did $75,000 damage to the building and $30,000 damage to the contents.

The cause of the fire was reported as a defective space heater.

There are no comments - be the first to comment