Share this article

print logo

Attempt to thaw pipes sparks South Buffalo house fire

Buffalo firefighters extinguished a small house fire Sunday morning in South Buffalo that was caused by a resident's attempt to thaw frozen pipes, according to a fire department spokesman.

The fire at 26 Euclid Place, off South Park Avenue near Smith Street, was reported at 11:45 a.m. and burned a bathroom floor and wall in the two-story frame building.

Damage to the structure was estimated at $2,000; there was no damage to the contents.

The occupants of the structure did not require assistance from the Red Cross.

There are no comments - be the first to comment