Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Wednesday
1. Boys basketball - Monsignor Martin play opens
The top boys hoops games on Wednesday's schedule coincide with the start of Monsignor Martin Association play.
- St. Francis at Cardinal O'Hara, 6:30 p.m.
- St. Joe's at Park, 6:30 p.m.
- Bishop Timon-St. Jude at Canisius, 6:30 p.m.
- St. Mary's of Lancaster at Niagara Catholic, 7:30 p.m.
2. Girls basketball - Clarence at Williamsville South, 7:30 p.m.
No. 2 large school Williamsville South (4-2) welcomes No. 10 Clarence (3-3) for an intriguing nonleague showdown. The top players for both teams play down low. The Billies are led by 6-foot-5 freshman Amari DeBerry, who's already in her third year on the varsity squad. The Red Devils feature the senior duo of 6-foot-2 Carly Reynolds and 6-foot Ella Rose Eckert.
3. Girls basketball - Chautauqua Lake at Panama, 7:35 p.m.
No. 2 small school Panama (6-0) hosts No. 7 Chautauqua Lake (5-3) in the second nonleague game between the two teams this season. The Panthers won their season opener on the road at Chautauqua Lake, 51-34.
4. Boys hockey - North Tonawanda vs. Sweet Home, 6 p.m.
Sweet Home, the highest-scoring team in Division 3 by a wide margin, looks to improve on its division-leading 6-1 record when it plays North Tonawanda (2-1-1) at Hockey Outlet. The Lumberjacks are 2-0-1 since an opening 4-3 loss to St. Mary's in late November.
- Boys basketball: Kenmore West at North Tonawanda, 7 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Lancaster at Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Southwestern at Olean, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: East Aurora at Jamestown, 7:30 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements