Who: USA vs. Canada
What: World Junior Championship, Group A game. First outdoor game in World Juniors history.
Where: New Era Field
When: Friday, 3 p.m.
Gates open: 1:30 p.m.
Parking lots: Open at noon; close two hours after the game
TV: NHL Network. TV coverage begins at 2 p.m.
Attendance: Crowd of more than 40,000 expected, setting the record for a World Junior Championship game. Previous record of 20,380 fans was for the 2009 gold medal game in Ottawa between Canada and Sweden.
Tickets: Available at buffaloworldjuniors.com
Keeping warm: Given the conditions, battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.) is allowed. Additional clothing and blanket also can be carried into the stadium.
Music: The Billievers will be playing beginning at 1:30 p.m. in the Labatt West End Zone Plaza.
U.S. vs. Canada World Juniors History
- 45 all-time meetings
- Canada has 29 wins in regulation, three in overtime
- The U.S. has eight wins in regulation, two in overtime.
- There have been three ties
- Canada has outscored the U.S. in those 45 games, 182-127
- The U.S. has won the last three meetings in the tournament, including a shootout win in the gold-medal game last year.