Former Newfane and Williamsville North boys basketball coach Denny Seitz is among the 10 coaches who will be enshrined in the New York Basketball Hall of Fame, the Basketball Coaches Association of New York announced.
Seitz won 472 games in his 35 years coaching the Panthers, Spartans and most recently Section III's Indian River and Morristown. He has won titles at each school, numerous Coach of the Year honors and initiated an officials rating system.
The induction ceremony will take place March 25 at Cooling Insurance Arena in Glens Falls during the NYS Federation championship weekend.
Olean's Jeff Anastasia, the winningest coach in Western New York history, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in March of 2016 during the same weekend his Huskies won the NYSPHSAA Class B championship.
The other nine members of the Class of 2018 include:
- Jeff Baier (Section IV)
- James Colligan (Section VIII)
- Terry Feeley (Section I & IX)
- Robert Gravelle (Section IX)
- Michael Junsch (New York City)
- Kenneth Kern (New York City)
- Stephen Kmack (Section X)
- Robert McKenney (Section III)
- Henry Sassone (Section I)