Share this article

print logo

Midnight shift employee awakes from nap to find fire

NIAGARA FALLS – A man who was working the midnight shift by himself after a co-worker called in sick, fell asleep briefly, only to awaken and find a fire at the Pemco Inc. facility, 150 Portage Road.

The 43-year-old man told police that he dozed off briefly at the chemical manufacturing facility and awoke at around 5 a.m. to the sound of tires popping from intense heat. He told police he panicked upon spotting the fire and tried to extinguish it with some sand, but was unable to fully control the fire.

A crew from the city fire department arrived and doused the blaze, which caused an estimated $2,000 worth of damage. No one was injured in the incident.

There are no comments - be the first to comment