Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Tuesday
1. Girls basketball - Orchard Park at Lancaster, 7:30 p.m.
ECIC I rivals square off for the first time this season. The Quakers (4-0, 1-0) have a 21-point win at defending Class AA champ Clarence, but the Red Devils were without one of their top players. The Legends (1-0) have a 41-36 win over Mount Mercy from Saturday.
2. Boys basketball - McKinley at Middle College, 6:30 p.m.
Yale Cup rivals renew pleasantries. McKinley received one first-place vote and is ranked No. 8 in the first large schools poll of the season. Middle College is ranked No. 7 in the small schools poll and has wins over Cardinal O'Hara and Burgard.
3. Girls basketball - Frontier at Sacred Heart, 6:30 p.m.
Frontier (0-3) continues its extremely-tough nonleague slate with a game at Sacred Heart (2-1). The Falcons have already played other top Monsignor Martin teams Cardinal O'Hara and St. Mary's of Lancaster as well as V-Irondequoit. The Sharks lost to V-Penfield but have wins over Lake Shore and Williamsville North.
4. Girls hockey - Kenmore/Grand Island vs. Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew, 7:40 p.m.
Kenmore/Grand Island (0-5) and Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew (0-3) both look for their first wins at Lincoln Ice Arena.
Both teams have played close games this season. Four of Ken/GI's losses have come by a combined six goals. LID's three losses are by seven.
- Boys basketball - South Park at Burgard, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball - Wilson at Grand Island, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball - Iroquois at Lake Shore, 6:30 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements