Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Friday
1. Girls basketball - V-Penfield at Sacred Heart, 6:45 p.m.
Sacred Heart returns Micaela Ryan and Jennifer Grimm, among others, which makes the Sharks one of the top teams in the area and one that hopes to challenge Cardinal O'Hara in the Monsignor Martin Association. Penfield went 18-4 last season and only graduated three seniors from that squad.
There are 23 games total on Friday's schedule. Tournaments include West Seneca West, Maryvale, Kenmore East, Silver Creek, Portville, Roy-Hart and Alden.
2. Boys hockey - Niagara Wheatfield vs. Williamsville North, 8 p.m. at Niagara University
The Spartans opened up their state title defense with a 13-6 win over Frontier on Monday. The Falcons banked Federation-newcomer Starpoint, 7-0, on Sunday.
3. Boys basketball - Tip-off tournaments
There are 26 games on today's schedule, including tournaments at Olean, Pioneer, Wilson, Lockport, Lancaster, Portville, Westfield and Christian Central.
A few matchups to watch for:
- St. Francis at Orchard Park, 7:30 p.m.
- Oracle at Tapestry, 7:30 p.m.
- Depew at Olean, 7:30 p.m.
- Williamsville East at Lockport, 7:30 p.m.
4. Girls hockey - Williamsville vs. West Seneca/Hamburg/Eden, 5:30 p.m. at West Seneca Ice Rink
The lone game on today's schedule features Williamsville (2-1) and WS/H/E (1-1).
Williamsville won the first matchup, 2-0, on Nov. 20. Jenna Woods and Jenna Cavalieri each scored a goal.
WS/H/E rebounded with a 3-2 win over Kenmore/Grand Island. Williamsville beat Ken/GI yesterday, 4-2.
5. Wrestling - Tournaments
There are three tournaments on today's schedule:
- Queen City Foods South Towns Duals, 2 p.m. at St. Francis
46th annual Joe Shifflet Invitational, 4 p.m. at Sweet Home
- 19th annual Tonawanda Team Duals, 5 p.m. at Tonawanda
- Boys hockey: Canisius vs. Orchard Park, 7 p.m. at Leisure Rink
- Indoor track: B/C meet at Buffalo State, 4:30 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements