If you go Saturday, here is how some local business districts are making the most of the marketing push:
- A free shuttle service will pick up and drop off shoppers every two blocks on Elmwood Avenue from Forest Avenue to Allen Street, stopping every 15 minutes from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. There is free parking in the Gallagher Ramp, 489 Elmwood Ave. It's provided by Council Member Joel Feroleto and the Elmwood Village Association.
- Buffalo Place Free Downtown Small Business Saturday Breakfast Kick-Off at the Shops at Market Arcade, 617 Main St., from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. There will be free City Fare Cafe coffee and Paula's Donuts for the first 250 people. Shoppers can also pick up their Small Business Saturday passports. Fill your passport with stamps from local shops and you'll be entered to win a gift basket.
- Light up Lancaster will have food and craft vendors on West Main Street, a Fire Truck Parade at 6 p.m. on Central Avenue, and live entertainment by Terry Buchwald.
- Christmas in Medina has a packed schedule of events starting at 9 a.m. with a 5k race and ending with a Parade of Lights Afterparty at 810 Meadworks, 113 W. Center St., at 8 p.m. There will also be a parade, tree lighting, fireworks, crafts, a children's elf costume contest, live entertainment and more.
- In East Aurora, there will be a shuttle up and down Main Street from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., sponsored by Vidler's 5 and 10, the Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce and Tops Markets. There will also be a limo service taking shoppers between Urban Design on Mill Road and Flowers by Nature on Elm Street, complete with free champagne and popcorn from Aurora Popcorn Shop.
- Christmas in Ellicottville will offer visits with Santa (at Wingate by Wyndham, 11 Mill St.) and free carriage rides (starting at Katy's Cafe, 10 Washington St.), along with carolers, reindeer, make-and-take ornaments, cookie decorating, face painting and a tree lighting.
- Small Business Cash Mob at Wilbur's, 504 Cayuga Drive in Niagara Falls. Meet your neighbors at the new barbecue joint and corner bar from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Shop Small with the Downtown Merchants Association of North Tonawanda, all day beginning at 10 a.m. in downtown North Tonawanda from Webster Street to Oliver Street. There will be special sales and discounts.
- Small Business Saturday in the Niagara River Region. Start at the Chamber of Commerce, 895 Center St. in Lewiston and map out your Lewiston, Youngstown, Sanborn and Ransomville shopping spree. Businesses will have discounts and specials from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.