The College Power 10 ranks the top performers each week in Western New York collegiate athletics.
1. Isaiah Reese: Canisius men's basketball's sophomore guard recorded the first triple-double in the program's 114-year history, totaling 23 points, 11 assists and 11 rebounds in the Golden Griffin's 104-84 victory against Youngstown State. Reese has surpassed the 20-point mark in two of his three games this year.
2. Anthony Johnson: UB's star wide receiver recorded his fifth 100-yard game of the season, notching 153 yards and a UB-record four touchdowns in the Bulls' 40-24 victory against Ball State on Thursday. His longest touchdown was a 53-yard pass from a scrambling Tyree Jackson.
3. Olivia Vernon and Canisius women's basketball: Vernon hit a game-winning layup with six seconds remaining in overtime to lift the Golden Griffins past St. Bonaventure, 71-69, on Wednesday. That was one of two victories this week for Canisius, as the Golden Griffins moved to 2-1 with a 71-57 road victory against Bowling Green on Sunday.
4. Canisius men's hockey's offense: Nine different Golden Griffins found the back of the net in Canisius' two-game series sweep of Bradley this weekend. Canisius has scored 17 goals during its three-game win streak.
5. Bri Gawronski: Buffalo State's freshman hockey goalie was named the NEWHL Goalie of the Week after allowing just one goal in the Bengals two games against Cortland. Gawronski (Dunkirk) is filling in between the pipes for injured starter Justine Silva.
6. UB men's basketball: The Bulls moved to 2-0 for the first time since 2011-12 with a 81-76 victory against the defending Ohio Valley Conference champions, Jacksonville State, on Wednesday.
7. Villa Maria women's basketball: Vikings are 5-1 and winners of four straight after defeating Buffalo State and Pitt-Greensburg at the Buffalo State Coles Classic this weekend. Shaquana Owens (Tapestry Charter) scored a combined 51 points in the pair of games.
8. Summer Hemphill: The UB women's basketball forward made the most of her 11 minutes on the floor against Maryland Eastern Shore. She went 5 for 5 from the field for a team-leading 12 points, grabbed two rebounds and blocked a career-high four shots in the Bulls' 76-41 victory.
9. Sarah Saba: The Lancaster grad scored a career-high 30 points in Daemen women's basketball's loss to No. 2 Virginia Union, pushing her to 10th all-time in Wildcats' scoring. She currently leads the team in points (16) and rebounds (6.3) per game.
10. Matt Mobley: St. Bonaventure's senior guard continued to produce in the absence of injured Jaylen Adams in the Bonnies' Saturday meeting with Jackson State. He surpassed the 25-point mark for a second straight game, notching 27 in the Bonnies' 72-58 victory.
Honorable mention: DeJaun Owens scored 29 points in Villa Maria men's basketball's 98-92 victory against Buffalo State. ... Niagara women's volleyball's Rylee Hunt was named to the MAAC All-Tournament team. ... Daemen women's volleyball's Meghan Ballou was named to the Academic All-District team and All-ECC second team. ... Medaille women's bowling swept Thiel to move to 24-9. ... Jay Sarkis scored 20 points and Andrew Sischo 17 in Daemen men's basketball's 79-73 victory over Wilmington.
Previous College Power 10s
Story topics: Anthony Johnson/ Bri Gawronski/ Canisius men's basketball/ Isaiah Reese/ Matt Mobley/ Olivia Vernon/ Sarah Saba/ Summer Hemphill/ UB football/ UB men's basketball/ Villa Maria women's basketball