Lorenzo Alexander has been fortunate to play with a number of star players in his lengthy NFL career.
In the style of the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon game, you can connect Alexander to the dawn of the modern NFL era in four steps, and the league's origins in five.
1. Lorenzo Alexander played for Washington with Keenan McCardell in 2007.
2. McCardell played for Cleveland with Clay Matthews in 1992.
3. Matthews played for Cleveland with Calvin Hill in 1978.
4. Hill played for Dallas with Chuck Howley in 1969, a year before the NFL-AFL merger.
4a. Hill played for Dallas with initial Cowboys draft choice Bob Lilly in 1969.
5. Howley played for Chicago under NFL original owner George Halas in 1958.
Note that the years listed are the earliest years of the relationship, not the only year. For example, Hill played with Howley in Dallas from 1969 to 1973.