Halloween is behind us so you know what’s next.
That's right; the thing after Thanksgiving.
The holiday season is coming fast. Below are some holiday home tours and events you may not want to miss, so make plans now.
• Victorian Christmas at the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site is a holiday tradition, and there are several ways to enjoy all the decorations. For starters, tickets are now available for the scheduled events that run Nov. 30 to Dec. 9.
These include an opening night beer/wine tasting with silent auction, luncheons, an Irish Christmas celebration and more. Call 884-0095 or visit trsite.org for details. Note: Some events have already sold out.
In addition, beginning Dec. 13 the TR Site is available for private events. To book your holiday gathering, contact Janice Kuzan, deputy director at 884-0095 or via email: email@example.com.
That’s not all. “The Site is decorated and the museum shop is open for shopping right through the holiday season,” Kuzan said.
Regular hours apply so visit the website.
• The 17th annual Holiday Open Studios and Galleries is scheduled for 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 1 and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 2 and 3. During this Artists in Buffalo event, shoppers and browsers can visit more than 100 local artists and artisans in galleries, studios and homes. Among the works available for viewing and for purchase: pottery, jewelry, fiber art, sculpture, painting, photography and more.
Visit the website for locations and updates.
• A Holiday House Tour in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., is planned for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 1 and 2. It’s hosted by the Rotary Club of Niagara-on-the-Lake and features six decorated historic and contemporary properties as well as several landmarks and wineries.
Tickets are $30 (Canadian and U.S.). For ticket information and details, visit the website or call 905-351-3807 to hear a recording.
• The Secrets of Allentown Holiday Tour of Homes is back again this year. The Allentown Association and Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site are presenting the self-guided tour that will open the doors to about six private residences from noon to 4 p.m. Dec. 3, with starting times at noon or 2 p.m. The homes will be decorated for Christmas, of course.
Tickets are $35 for general admission; $30 for Allentown Association or TR Site members - plus sales tax. Buy tickets at trsite.org.
The tour begins at the TR Site, 641 Delaware Ave., where tour-goers will pick up booklets with locations. The first floor will be decorated as part of Victorian Christmas. Parking will be available at the TR Site and a free trolley will make stops at the homes. Rest rooms and warm beverages will be available at Allentown Association at 61 College St.
• The Historical Association of Lewiston 13th Annual Tour of Homes is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 2 and 3. A Holiday Gift Market will take place at the Niagara Crossing Hotel and feature jewelry, home accessories and culinary items. A dessert tasting reception is also scheduled at the hotel.
Visit the website for details and to purchase tickets ($25 plus $2.24 fee). Also: The Lewiston Museum, which has a gift shop, will be open during tour hours. It’s located at 469 Plain St.; hot cocoa will be served outside the museum.
Know of another holiday home tour in the region? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.