Buffalo’s solid 4-2 start to the season has rewarded Bills Backers to the tune of 4-1-1 against the spread. The fact that they have been outgained in each of their last five contests, though, presents a problem this week.
Here are the betting trends of note:
- The Bills are 1-6 straight up and 2-6 against the spread (ATS) against Oakland.
- The Bills are 6-11 straight and against the spread in their last 17 games before game against the Jets. That includes 1-5 straight up and ATS against opponents off a win.
- The Raiders were 1-18 straight up in the Eastern time zone from 2009 to 2015, but then they went 3-0 last season. They have lost at Washington already this season.
- Oakland is also 4-0 straight up and ATS following the Kansas City Chiefs, and 11-6 SU and 12-4-1 ATS against AFC East foes, after scoring 30 or more points the previous game, including 5-1-1 ATS away from home.
- Oakland QB Derek Carr is 6-1 ATS away following a division game, and 9-3 ATS away against opponents coming off a win.
The pick: Oakland over Buffalo by 3.