The Prep Talk Football Player of the Week is Savon VanSickle of Jamestown.
The freshman played a big role in fifth-seeded Jamestown's 53-52 double overtime win over No. 4 Clarence in a Section VI Class AA quarterfinal game. VanSickle rushed 31 times for 252 yards and four touchdowns before leaving the game early in the fourth quarter with an undisclosed injury.
In order to be considered for the honor, candidates must be among the Connolly Cup/ADPRO Sports top performers for the week.
Other Connolly Cup/ADPRO Sports nominees for this past week are:
* Cheektowaga's KeShone Beal (164 yards passing, 2 touchdowns; 7 rushes, 163 yards, 2 TDs)
* Cleveland Hill's Aaron Wahler (12 rushes, 201 yards, 3 touchdowns)
* Gowanda/Pine Valley's Ryan Gernatt (41 rushes, 428 yards, 5 touchdowns)
* Iroquois' C.J. Perillo (48 rushes, 246 yards, 3 touchdowns)
* Lackawanna's Khalil Horton (12 rushes, 151 yards, TD; 7 tackles)
* Maryvale's Ray Blackwell (6 catches, 129 yards, 2 TDs)
* McKinley's Cajon Caurthon (10-for-16 passing, 114 yards, 1 TD; 12 rushes, 51 yards)
* Niagara Wheatfield's Jordan Parks (13 rushes, 147 yards, 4 touchdowns)
* Olean's Luke Chapman (3 touchdown passes)
* St. Joe's Jaden Lofton (7 rushes, 230 yards, 4 touchdowns)
* West Seneca East's Jacob Maurino (13 rushes, 275 yards, 3 touchdowns)
* West Seneca West's John Speyer (21 rushes, 252 yards, 4 touchdowns)
* Williamsville North's Joe Nusall (8-of-13 passing, 163 yards, 4 touchdowns)
* Williamsville South's Josh Foster (14-for-16 passing, 186 yards, 1 TD)
* Wilson's Drew Westmorland (16 rushes, 226 yards, 3 touchdowns)
Story topics: Prep Talk Football Player of the Week