Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Tuesday
1. Boys volleyball - Sweet Home at Hamburg, 6:30 p.m.
No. 8 Sweet Home visits No. 9 Hamburg in a battle between the two of the top teams in ECIC II.
The Panthers (10-1) can clinch the division title with a win. They were swept by Hamburg at home in a league game back on Sept. 20 but beat the Bulldogs in three games in the best-of-three semifinals at the Sweet Home Tournament three days later.
A win for Hamburg (9-1) would put it in the driver's seat, as it has one more league game left at Williamsville East (8-2) next Monday. The Flames won at Hamburg in five sets on Sept. 22, so another loss by the Bulldogs could create a three-way tie.
2. Boys volleyball - Orchard Park at Clarence, 6 p.m.
No. 6 Clarence hosts No. 10 Orchard Park in a key ECIC I matchup.
The Red Devils (6-2) are tied with Frontier (6-2) atop the division. They lost both games against the Falcons this regular season. One of their six league wins was a sweep at OP on Sept. 20.
The Quakers (5-3) are coming off a thrilling five-set win over Frontier from last Friday. It was their second win of the season over the Falcons.
3. Boys soccer - Class B prequarterfinals, Class D quarterfinals
The Section VI boys soccer playoffs began yesterday with seven games, and there are 11 more on today's slate. The Class B winners move onto Thursday's quarterfinals.
- 9-Albion at 8-Tonawanda, 5 p.m.
- 12-Dunkirk at 5-Olean, 3:30 p.m.
- 13-Depew at 4-City Honors, 3:30 p.m. at Johnnie B. Wiley Stadium
- 14-CSAT at 3-I-Prep/Grover, 4:30 p.m. at Riverside
- 11-Medina at 6-Alden, 3:30 p.m.
- 10-Springville at 7-Oracle/WNY Maritime, 4 p.m. at D'Youville
- 9-Falconer/Cassadaga Valley at 8-Fredonia, 3:30 p.m.
- 11-Eden at 6-Riverside, 6:30 p.m.
- 10-Akron at 7-Salamanca, 3:30 p.m.
- 5-Frewsburg at 4-Ellicottville, 3:30 p.m.
- 6-Lafayette at 3-Franklinville, 3:30 p.m.
No. 1 Pine Valley awaits the Frewsburg-Ellicottville winner in the Class D semifinals Saturday at Pioneer at 7:30 p.m. No. 2 North Collins will play Franklinville or Lafayette in the semis at Pioneer at 5 p.m.
4. Girls soccer - Class AA & A prequarterfinals
The Section VI girls soccer playoffs get underway with five games. The Jamestown-Niagara Falls winner will play No. 1 Clarence in the Class AA quarterfinals on Friday. The Class A quarterfinals are Thursday for today's winners.
- 9-Jamestown at 8-Niagara Falls, 3:30 p.m.
- 9-West Seneca East at 8-West Seneca West, 3:30 p.m.
- 10-Sweet Home at 7-Kenmore West, 3:30 p.m.
- 9-Lake Shore at 8-Kenmore East, 6 p.m.
- 10-Cheektowaga at 7-Maryvale, 3:30 p.m.
- Girls volleyball: Williamsville North at Sweet Home, 6 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements