Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Monday
1. Boys golf - ECIC Team Championships
The final ECIC boys golf event of the fall season is set to take place at Sheridan Park Golf Course starting at 2 p.m.
The four division champions from the regular season will square off in a nine-hole medal play event to determine the overall team champ of the league.
The field consists of golfers from Williamsville North (Large North), Starpoint (Small North), Orchard Park (Large South) and East Aurora/Holland (Small South). The Quakers have won the past four years, with North winning the two years prior to that.
2. Boys soccer - Section VI Class AA & A prequarterfinals
The Section VI boys soccer playoffs get underway today with seven games on the schedule. Winners move on to Wednesday's quarterfinals.
- 9-Jamestown at 8-Niagara Falls, 3:30 p.m.
- 9-Wmsv. South at 8-Sweet Home, 8 p.m.
- 11-West Seneca West at 6-McKinley, 6:30 p.m. at All High Stadium
- 10-Hutch-Tech at 7-Kenmore West, 3:30 p.m.
- 9-Amherst at 8-South Park, 4:30 p.m. at All High Stadium
- 11-West Seneca East at 6-Cheektowaga, 3:30 p.m.
- 10-Maryvale at 7-Lake Shore, 3:30 p.m.
3. Field hockey - Iroquois at Amherst, 5:30 p.m.
No. 2 Iroquois (13-1-1) visits No. 8 Amherst (10-5) on the last day for ECIC play in field hockey.
The Chiefs look to end their regular season with three straight wins after a loss and tie against Williamsville North and East, respectively. Samantha Gaglio is tied on top of Section VI with 18 goals. Riley DeGrace (10 goals, 17 assists) and Alexis Bonafede (nine goals) have also been big contributors offensively.
The Tigers got off to a great 5-1 start to the season but have been up and down since. They haven't lost to games in a row. The offense is led by Madeline Smith and Casey Adimey, who each have eight goals. Adimey also has 14 assists on the year.
- Girls volleyball: Grand Island at Kenmore East, 5 p.m.
- Field hockey: Williamsville East at Sweet Home, 5 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements