1. Canisius (5-2): Lost to V-Aquinas, 31-7. Next: Thursday vs. St. Francis at New Era Field, 7 p.m.
2. Lancaster (7-0): Beat Depew, 43-7. Next: vs. Hutch-Tech.
3. West Seneca West (7-0): Beat West Seneca East, 35-28. Next: vs. Sweet Home.
4. Williamsville North (7-0): Beat Niagara-Wheatfield, 49-14. Next: vs. Bennett.
5. South Park (7-0): Beat Lake Shore, 50-6. Next: vs. Williamsville East.
6. Grand Island (6-1): Beat Williamsville East, 21-7. Next: vs. West Seneca East.
7. Starpoint (6-1): Beat Lockport, 18-12. Next: vs. Iroquois.
8. St. Francis (3-4): Beat Cardinal O’Hara, 31-0. Next: vs. Canisius at New Era Field, 7 p.m.
9. West Seneca East (4-3): Lost to West Seneca West, 35-28. Next: at Grand Island.
10. Iroquois (4-3): Beat Alden, 36-7. Next: at Starpoint.
1. Maryvale (6-1): Lost to Cheektowaga, 28-21. Next: vs. Newfane.
2. Cheektowaga (6-1): Beat Maryvale, 28-21. Next: vs. Depew.
3. Dunkirk (6-1): Lost to Fredonia/Westfield/Brocton, 15-8. Next: vs. Albion.
4. Franklinville/Ell. (7-0): Beat Clymer/Sherman/Panama, 28-6. Next: vs. Portville.
5. Cleveland Hill (6-1): Beat JFK, 52-6. Next: vs. Allegany-Limestone.
6. Lackawanna (6-1): Beat Barker/Roy-Hart, 46-0. Next: vs. Pioneer.
7. Albion (6-1): Beat Medina, 51-22. Next: at Dunkirk.
8. Newfane (6-1): Beat Wilson, 47-20. Next: at Maryvale.
9. Maple Grove (6-1): Beat Portville, 47-0. Next: vs. Randolph/Frewsburg.
10. Southwestern (5-2): Beat Allegany-Limestone, 7-3. Next: vs. Akron.
Section VI playoffs
8-Hutch-Tech at 1-Lancaster, 7:30 p.m. Friday
7-Bennett at 2- Williamsville North, 7:15 p.m. Friday
6-Niagara Falls at 3-Orchard Park, 7 p.m. Friday
5-Jamestown at 4-Clarence, 7 p.m. Friday
4S-West Seneca East at 1N-Grand Island, 7 p.m. Friday
4N-Sweet Home at 1S-West Seneca West, 7 p.m. Friday
3S-Iroquois at 2N-Starpoint, 7 p.m. Friday
3N-Williamsville East vs. 2S-South Park at All High Stadium, 7 p.m. Friday
8-Pioneer vs 1-Lackawanna, 1 p.m. Saturday
7-Depwe at 2-Cheektowaga, 7 p.m. Friday
6-Albion at 3-Dunkirk, 7:30 p.m. Friday
5-Newfane at 4-Maryvale, 7 p.m. Friday
4S-Allegany-Limestone at 1N-Cleveland Hill, 2 p.m. Saturday
4N-Akron at 1S-Southwestern, 7 p.m.
3S-Falconer/Cassadaga Valley at 2N-Wilson, 7 p.m. Friday
3N-JFK at 2S-Silver Creek/Forestville, 7 p.m. Friday
8-Portville at 1-Franklinville/Ellicottville, 7 p.m. Friday at Ellicottville
7-Randolph/Frewsburg at 2-Maple Grove, 7 p.m. Friday
6-Cattaraugus/Little Valley at 3-Clymer/Sherman/Panama, 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Clymer
5-Salamanca at 4-Chautauqua Lake, 7 p.m. Friday
-- Matt Myers passed for 272 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 103 yards and three scores, including the game-winning TD in West Seneca West's 35-28 win over West Seneca East. In the same game, teammate Juston Johnson caught six passes for 165 yards and two TDs.
-- Jacob Sarow rushed 29 times for 309 yards and six touchdowns in leading Akron past Eden/North Collins, 42-0.
-- Brandon Gross rushed for 307 yards and three touchdowns in Newfane's 47-20 win over Wilson. Teammate, Julian Nixon ran for 189 yards and three scores.
-- Ugene Harrison rushed for 201 yards and two scores on 14 carries in Albion's 51-22 win over rival Medina.
-- Joseph Stewart rushed for 194 yards on 20 carries and two touchdowns, made an interception and recorded eight tackles for Kenmore West in a 21-18 win over Kenmore East.
-- Wake Kless ran for 178 yards on 26 carries and a 12-yard touchdown during Pioneer's 39-12 win over Burgard, which enabled the Panthers to clinch a playoff spot. In the same game, teammate Caleb Riordan rushed 23 times for 123 yards and two TDs.
-- KeShone Beal rushed for 161 yards and four touchdowns on 21 carries in Cheektowaga's 28-21 win over Maryvale.
-- Jack Sharp passed for 248 yards and three touchdowns, all caught by Nic Bruce, during Orchard Park's 28-14 win over Jamestown.
-- Zane Johnson caught nine passes for 105 yards and a touchdown in Grand Island's 24-7 win over Williamsville East.
-- Luke Chapman went 8 for 14 for 198 yards and two touchdowns in Olean's 26-8 win over Springville.
-- Brian Meegan and Max Fleming each finished with 10 tackles for Frontier in its 22-20 win over Hamburg.
-- Ryan Mansell completed all 14 passes he attempted for 194 yards and a TD as Lancaster beat rival Depew, 43-7. Teammate Andrew Hersey ran 12 times for 176 yards and three scores.
-- Ryan Majerowski ran eight times for 111 yards and three touchdowns and also returned an interception to the house, as Cleveland Hill wrapped up its second straight league title with a 52-6 win over JFK.
The Section VI playoffs begin for 40 teams in five classifications. Game times will be announced Sunday.
The Monsignor Martin High Schools Athletic Association teams hit the penultimate week of their regular seasons and kick off league action with a Thursday night clash at New Era Field between Canisius and St. Francis.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from Friday night’s action, including photo galleries and a live blog of how the night transpired. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.
Our #PrepTalkLive coverage continues with today’s games. No matter when the games are, you can again be part of the team via Twitter: Tweet game updates with the #preptalklive hashtag and those updates will appear in our live blogs.