How they fared
1. Lancaster (5-0): Beat Niagara Wheatfield 61-28. Next: Friday at Jamestown, 7 p.m.
2. Canisius (4-1): Beat Cardinal O’Hara 35-14. Next: Friday at Massillon Washington (Ohio), 7 p.m.
3. West Seneca West (5-0): Beat Lackawanna 35-8. Next: Thursday at Lake Shore, 6:30 p.m.\
4. South Park (5-0): Beat Iroquois 36-28. Next: Friday at West Seneca East, 7 p.m.
5. Starpoint (4-1): Lost at Grand Island 33-7. Next: Friday vs. Williamsville South, 7 p.m.
6. Williamsville North (5-0): Beat Jamestown 41-13. Next: Friday vs. Frontier, 7 p.m.
7. Jamestown (4-1) Lost vs. Williamsville North 41-13. Next: Friday vs. Lancaster, 7 p.m.
8. St. Joe’s (2-3): Lost at Cardinal Mooney 34-6. Next: Saturday at St. Francis, 1 p.m.
9. Grand Island* (4-1): Beat Starpoint 33-7. Next: Friday at Sweet Home, 7 p.m.
9. Sweet Home* (4-1): Beat Kenmore East 32-24. Next: Friday vs. Grand Island, 7 p.m.
9. Williamsville South* (4-1): Beat Kenmore West 20-16. Next: Friday vs. Starpoint, 7 p.m.
1. Cheektowaga (4-1): Beat Burgard/MST 13-6. Next: Friday vs. East Aurora/Holland.
2. Dunkirk (5-0): Beat Southwestern 34-28. Next: Friday vs. Albion, 7:30 p.m.
3. Maryvale (5-0): Beat East Aurora/Holland 67-6. Next: Friday at Lew-Port.
4. Lackawanna (4-1): Lost 35-8 at West Seneca West. Next: Friday vs. Tonawanda.
5. Cleveland Hill (4-1): Beat Akron 42-6. Next: Friday at Eden/North Collins, 7 p.m.
6. Franklinville/E’ville (5-0): Beat JFK 52-14. Next: Friday at Chautauqua Lake, 7 p.m.
7. Albion (5-0): Beat Olean 25-14. Next: Friday at Dunkirk, 7:30 p.m.
8. Southwestern (3-2): Lost at Dunkirk 34-28. Next: Friday at Gowanda/Pine Valley, 7 p.m.
9. Newfane (4-1): Beat Alden 41-14. Next: Saturday at Barker/Roy-Hart, 1:30 p.m.
10. Maple Grove (4-1): Beat Clymer/Sherman/Panama 28-14. Next: Friday vs. Randolph/Frewsburg, 7 p.m.
* Thomas Cecere rushed for 203 yards and three touchdowns and also returned an interception 64 yards for a score during Grand Island's 33-7 win over Starpoint. The Vikings snapped Starpoint's 17-game winning streak against Class A North foes with the victory.
* Brandon Gross ran 10 times for 77 yards and three touchdowns and also completed 6-of-8 passes for 109 yards and two TDs during Newfane's 41-14 win over Alden.
* Jayce Johnson completed 10-of-16 passes for 151 yards and two touchdowns as Canisius rallied to defeat Cardinal O'Hara, 35-14.
* Jack Sharp finished 12-for-13 passing with four touchdowns for 195 yards in Orchard Park's 54-9 win over Lockport.
* Zack Trim made 15 tackles and recovered a fumble to lead Maple Grove past Clymer/Sherman/Panama, 28-14.
* D’Jae Perry rushed 19 times for 142 yards and two scores as St. Mary's improved to 4-1 with a win over V-Honeoye-Falls Lima.
* Brock Blecha rushed 10 times for 125 yards and three TDs. He also finished 10-of-13 passing for 189 yards and a touchdown in Franklinville/Ellicottville's win over JFK.
* C.J. Perillo rushed 32 times for 195 yards and two scores, including a 69-yarder, during Iroquois' 36-28 loss to South Park.
* In the same game, South Park's Clarence Thomas rushed for 153 yards and two touchdowns.
* Miles Haynes finished with 18 tackles, a sack and also rushed for 87 yards and a touchdown during McKinley's 28-19 win over Hamburg.
* Devaun Farnham-DeJesus rushed 12 times for 198 yards and three touchdowns as Dunkirk defeated Southwestern, 34-28.
* Williamsville North's Dylan Kelly caught five passes for 142 yards and two touchdowns during the Spartans' 41-13 win at Jamestown. In the same game, teammate Marquel Wells rushed 12 times for 180 yards and two touchdowns.
* Junior QB Ja’kye Womack threw for 153 yards and two touchdowns as Amherst earned its first win of the season, 24-6, at Lake Shore.
It's another early start to the week with a Thursday night game on the docket as West Seneca West visits Lake Shore at 6:30 p.m.
On Friday, the action picks up with several of the playoff contenders in Class A North facing each other – including Williamsville South visiting Starpoint, the two-time defending division champion which suffered its first league loss in two years last Friday to Grand Island. The Vikings visit Sweet Home in another clash between division rivals with just one loss in Class A North. Meanwhile Class A South rivals meet when unbeaten South Park visits West Seneca East. Unbeaten Lancaster visits Jamestown while fellow Class AA unbeaten Williamsville North hosts Frontier.
On Saturday, St. Francis hosts St. Joe's in a Monsignor Martin Athletic Association clash. Williamsville East hosts Kenmore West in a Class A North clash.
From Thursday and Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this games the past three days. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games. Check out photo galleries from this weekend’s games and look at past galleries capturing riveting images from training camps as teams prepared for the 2017 season.