Franklinville/Ellicottville Titans (4-0) vs. John F. Kennedy Bears (3-1), 1:30 p.m. at JFK. The unbeaten Titans make the long trip to Erie County for a nonleague contest against a JFK squad that's won three straight since opening with a 21-6 nonleague loss to Pioneer.
Among F/E's top players is quarterback Brock Blecha who can make plays with his arm and legs, along with Griffin Chudy, Austin Grinols and Sam Erickson. All four scored during last week's 53-12 win over Salamanca. Chudy and Erickson also scored defensive touchdowns in that game. Titans, who are trying to reach their fourth straight Section VI final, are averaging 41 points per game. They defeated defending Class D champion Maple Grove in Week Three.
JFK, a member of Class C North, is led by quarterback James Bailey, who needs about another 600 yards and nine more touchdowns to set school career passing records in both categories, the only two JFK marks he doesn't hold. Jordan Snyder has been a receiving standout for coach Jeff Sabatino's crew. Bears are trying to post back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since the early 2000s.
Other intriguing games on light Saturday for football action:
* Lockport Lions (0-4) at Orchard Park Quakers (1-3), 1 p.m. at Quaker Field. OP failed to protect a 21-7 fourth-quarter lead in a loss at Williamsville North. Playing a full 48-minute game is key, as Quakers have had stretches where they've looked OK. A win by Lockport jumbos the bottom of the Class AA standings.
* Canisius Crusaders (3-1) at Cardinal O'Hara (0-3), 1 p.m. O'Hara has had two weeks to prepare for Canisius, which is ranked sixth in the state among Class AA teams. Crusaders head into this one coming off last week's huge win over St. Joe's.
* Alden Bulldogs (2-2) at Newfane Panthers (3-1), 2 p.m. It's a must win for both Class B-3 division teams with playoff aspirations. Top two in each of the three divisions make the playoffs while the next two best third-place finishers earn the final two spots. Alden has lost two straight, while the surging Panthers have won three in a row since opening with 22-6 loss to Lackawanna.
* Maple Grove (3-1) at Clymer/Sherman/Panama (4-0) at Sherman, 2 p.m. CSP's biggest game yet as it faces Maple Grove team that has lost just once to a Western New York team since 2013 (Week Three to Franklinville/Ellicottville).
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from Friday night’s action, including photo galleries and a live blog of how the night transpired. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.
Our #PrepTalkLive coverage continues with today’s games. No matter when the games are, you can again be part of the team via Twitter: Tweet game updates with the #preptalklive hashtag and those updates will appear in our live blogs.
Rk. School (Cl.) Record Pts LW
- Lancaster  (AA) 4-0 95 1
- Canisius  3-1 94 2
- West Seneca West (A) 4-0 75 3
- South Park (A) 4-0 65 5
- Starpoint (A) 4-0 60 4
- Williamsville North (AA) 4-0 54 6
- Jamestown (AA) 4-0 36 9
- St. Joe’s 2-2 11 8
- Grand Island* (A) 3-1 10 NR
- Sweet Home* (A) 3-1 10 7
- Williamsville South* (A) 3-1 10 NR
Rk. School (Cl.) Record Pts LW
- Cheektowaga  (B) 3-1 91 1
- Dunkirk  (B) 4-0 90 2
- Maryvale  (B) 4-0 87 2
- Lackawanna (B) 4-0 69 4
- Cleveland Hill (C) 3-1 52 7
- Franklinville/Ellicott (D) 4-0 51 6
- Albion (B) 4-0 43 8
- Southwestern (C) 3-1 22 5
- Newfane (B) 3-1 20 10
- Maple Grove (D) 3-1 14 NR