- Lancaster (4-0): Beat Niagara Falls, 41-8. Next: Friday vs. Niagara Wheatfield, 7:30 p.m.
- Canisius (3-1): Beat St. Joe’s 55-16. Next: Saturday at Cardinal O’Hara, 1 p.m.
- West Seneca West (4-0): Beat Hamburg, 55-0. Next: Friday vs. Lackawanna, 7 p.m.
- Starpoint (4-0): Beat Kenmore East, 57-13. Next: Friday at Grand Island, 7 p.m.
- South Park (4-0): Beat McKinley, 12-7. Next: Friday at Iroquois, 7 p.m.
- Will North (4-0): Beat Orchard Park, 24-21. Next: Thursday at Jamestown, 7 p.m.
- Sweet Home (3-1): Lost at Williamsville East, 21-7. Next: Friday vs. Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
- St. Joe’s (2-2): Lost to Canisius, 55-16. Next: Friday at Cardinal Mooney (Ohio), 7 p.m.
- St. Francis* (1-3): Lost at V-Aquinas, 41-7. Next: Friday at Cathedral Prep (Pa.), 7 p.m.
- Jamestown* (4-0): Beat Springville, 56-14. Next: Thursday vs. Williamsville North, 7 p.m.
- Cheektowaga (3-1): Beat Alden, 46-23. Next: Friday at Burgard (Dingboom Field), 7 p.m.
- Dunkirk* (4-0): Beat Olean 28-0. Next: Friday at Southwestern, 7 p.m.
- Maryvale* (4-0): Beat Burgard, 27-0. Next: Friday vs. East Aurora/Holland, 7 p.m.
- Lackawanna (4-0): Beat Medina, 28-8. Next: Friday: at West Seneca West, 7 p.m.
- Southwestern (3-1): Lost at Cleveland Hill, 12-0. Next: Friday vs. Dunkirk, 7 p.m.
- Frank./Ellicottville (4-0): Beat Salamanca, 53-13. Next: Saturday at JFK, 1:30 p.m.
- Cleveland Hill (3-1): Beat Southwestern, 12-0. Next: Friday at Akron, 7 p.m.
- Albion (4-0): Beat Roy-Hart/Barker, 58-6. Next: Friday vs. Olean, 7 p.m.
- Olean (2-2): Lost to Dunkirk, 28-0. Next: Friday at Albion, 7 p.m.
- Alden* (2-2): Lost to Cheektowaga, 46-23. Next: Saturday at Newfane, 2 p.m.
- Newfane* (3-1): Beat Tonawanda, 50-0. Next: Saturday vs. Alden, 2 p.m.
- It was a record-setting night at Starpoint on Friday. QB Aaron Chase set the school records for touchdown passes in a single game (five) and career (26) during a 57-13 rout of Ken East. In the same game, Max Bowden caught four passes for 159 yards, including a single-game school record three touchdowns.
- James Bailey set the JFK single-game record with four touchdown passes during a 43-20 win over Gowanda/Pine Valley.
- Marcellus Overton rushed for 162 of North Tonawanda’s 229 yards as NT earned its first win of the season, beating Kenmore West, 42-26.
- Ed Bianco’s 37-yard field goal with 15 seconds left completed Williamsville North’s 24-21 comeback triumph over Orchard Park.
- Matt Myers completed 12 passes for 241 yards and four touchdowns and rushed five times for 45 yards and two TDs as West Seneca West beat Hamburg, 55-0.
- Mike Rigerman rushed four times for 114 yards, scoring on runs of 75, 7 and 3 yards and also made 15 tackles, two for losses, as Pioneer defeated East Aurora/Holland, 26-6.
- Jemelle Jones rushed for 156 yards, including fourth-quarter touchdowns of 50 and 12 yards, made 10 tackles and two sacks for Williamsville South in a 26-15 win over Grand Island.
- Khalil Horton rushed 17 times for 178 yards and three touchdowns in Lackawanna’s 28-8 win at Medina.
- Josh Brown carried the ball 18 times for 106 yards and three touchdowns for Niagara Wheatfield in a 28-20 win over Bennett.
- Joe Jamison rushed for touchdowns of 1, 36 and 10 yards, made eight tackles, recorded a sack and forced three fumbles during Canisius' 55-16 win over St. Joe's.
- Derek Ecklund had 13 carries for 162 yards and 3 TDs in Clymer/Sherman/Panama’s 48-22 win over Timon-St. Jude.
After a one-week hiatus, it’s the return of Thursday night football. There are five games on the docket, including a battle between Class AA unbeatens as Williamsville North visits Jamestown at Strider Field. The other two Williamsville schools also are in action with Williamsville South visiting Kenmore West for a 4:30 tilt and Williamsville East hosting North Tonawanda at 7 in a Class A North clash.
On Friday, unbeaten ranked schools meet as No. 4 small Lackawanna visits No. 3 large West Seneca West. Clarence visits All High Stadium to take on Bennett. Olean makes the trip unbeaten Albion.
On Saturday, a light schedule includes Orchard Park hosting its Homecoming Game against Lockport at 1 p.m. Unbeaten Class D contender Franklinville/Ellicottville makes the trip to Erie County to face Class C John F. Kennedy in a nonleaguer. Newfane hosts Alden in a key Class B-3 clash.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s games. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games. Check out photo galleries from this weekend’s games and look at past galleries capturing riveting images from training camps as teams prepared for the 2017 season.
Story topics: How they fared