* McKinley Macks (1-2) vs. South Park Sparks (3-0), 1 p.m. at All High Stadium. This is an example of how things can quickly change during the course of the football season.
After a win at perennial Class AA contender Orchard Park, the Macks seemed poised to contend for perhaps more than just a playoff spot. But after losing two in a row to Class A South title contenders, McKinley finds itself in a must-win situation against an old friend/rival from the days of the Harvard Cup if it wants to stay in the playoff hunt. The Macks, who only returned a total of five starters from last year's playoff outfit, need to win the battle in the trenches and give star running back Kaiyer Fields room to make plays. Once he gets his legs moving, he's tough to stop. They also must protect the football as the Macks have committed seven turnovers the past two games, including four in last week's 12-6 loss to West Seneca East.
McKinley is the toughest test yet for unbeaten South Park, which is coming off a 42-0 win in Pittsburgh last Saturday over Perry Traditional Academy. The Sparks can make plays through the air and on the ground. Deabeyon Humphrey has passed for more than 600 yards and five TDs, while Dayquan Anderson has caught 15 passes for three TDs and 300 yards. Clarence Thomas has rushed for around 200 yards and scored four total touchdowns. Two-time first team All-Western New York lineman Jeremiah Sanders has 27 tackles and six sacks. Second team All-WNY corner Devonte Fountain has 28 tackles and two sacks.
Among the other intriguing games Saturday:
* Southwestern Trojans (3-0) at Cleveland Hill Golden Eagles (2-1) at Carl J. Kuras Field. Rematch of last year's Section VI Class C final features two teams ranked in the top 10 in the state. Southwestern, which lost twice to Cleve Hill last year including the sectional final, is led by junior quarterback Cole Snyder, who has caught the eye of Division I coaches. He's completed 46-of-74 for 606 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions. The Trojans spread the ball around but Alex Card has caught 10 passes for 181 yards and three TDs. Key will be stopping Cleve Hill's powerful ground game as the Golden Eagles used that to steamroll Southwestern during last year's final.
* St. Francis Red Raiders (1-2) at V-Aquinas (2-1) at Wegmans Stadium. Red Raiders look to make it two in a row over Aquinas. St. Francis hit late field goal to earn triumph last year over Little Irish. Aquinas scored 65 points in three quarters during 65-56 win over St. Joe's last week.
* Lancaster Legends (3-0) at Niagara Falls Wolverines (0-3) at Niagara Falls Athletic Complex. News' No. 1 Large School Lancaster is averaging more than 48 points per game and hasn't lost to a Section VI opponent since the Class AA semifinals in 2015 to Kenmore West.
* St. Mary's of Lancaster (3-0) at V-University Prep of Rochester, 1 p.m. The Lancers have already won two more games than all of last year. They look to keep it going against a U-Prep team that lost a tough one last week at Cleveland Hill.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from Friday night’s action, including photo galleries and a live blog of how the night transpired. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.
Our #PrepTalkLive coverage continues with today’s games. No matter when the games are, you can again be part of the team via Twitter: Tweet game updates with the #preptalklive hashtag and those updates will appear in our live blogs.
Rank School (Class) Record Points LW
1 Lancaster  (AA) 3-0 96 1
2 Canisius  2-1 93 1
3 West Seneca West (A) 3-0 74 3
4 Starpoint (A) 3-0 66 6
5 South Park (A) 3-0 61 4
6 Wmsv. North (AA) 3-0 41 8
7 Sweet Home (A) 3-0 28 9
8 St. Joe's 2-1 26 5
9 St. Francis* 1-2 20 7
9 Jamestown* (AA) 3-0 20 NR
Rank School (Class) Record Points LW
1 Cheektowaga  (B) 2-1 92 1
2 Dunkirk*  (B) 3-0 88 2
2 Maryvale*  (B) 3-0 88 3
4 Lackawanna (B) 3-0 62 10
5 Southwestern (C) 3-0 53 7
6 Frank./Ellicottville (D) 3-0 52 8
7 Cleveland Hill (C) 2-1 37 NR
8 Albion (B) 3-0 25 NR
9 Olean (B) 2-1 20 9
10 Alden* (B) 2-1 9 6
10 Newfane* (B) 2-1 9 NR