Share this article

print logo

Buffalo Bills 2017 snap counts: Player participation through Week One

Below are the Buffalo Bills' snap counts for the 2017 season, with some observations from the Week One win over the Jets.

• Jordan Matthews took the most snaps of any of the team's receivers. He appears to be fully recovered from the chip fracture in his sternum that kept him out of the preseason.

• Cordy Glenn took 73 percent of the snaps at left tackle, while rookie Dion Dawkins handled the remaining 27 percent. That was by design as the Bills monitored Glenn's workload in his first extended action since sitting out most of the preseason with a left foot injury.

• Running back LeSean McCoy took 54 offensive snaps, 70 percent of the team's total.

• Four defensive players – linebacker Preston Brown, rookie cornerback Tre'Davious White and safeties Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer played all 58 snaps. Linebacker Ramon Humber took 57.

• Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus played the fewest snaps among the starters along the defensive line. Coach Sean McDermott attributed that to the rotation the team wants to use up front.

• Shareece Wright replaced E.J. Gaines at cornerback after the latter was hurt.

• Joe Banyard, Joe Webb and Matt Milano led the way with 20 snaps each on special teams – establishing themselves early in the season as core players in that area.

Stay with [BN] Blitz for everything you need to know about the Bills.

There are no comments - be the first to comment