Welcome to the all-new BNblitz.com. Because we care about the Buffalo Bills as much as you do.
It's been that way from the beginning. In several interviews over the years, Buffalo Bills founder Ralph C. Wilson Jr. said The Buffalo News sealed the decision to locate the team in Buffalo. For a 2009 story in Sports Illustrated, Peter King quoted Wilson saying:
"I thought of Miami, but I tried to lease the Orange Bowl, and they wanted to wait for an NFL team." The organizer of the American Football League "suggested Buffalo. I met with the managing editor of the Buffalo Evening News, Paul Neville. In those days you had to have the support from the newspaper or you were dead."
"I told him I'd give the city a franchise for three years if he promised he'd write about us every day. He said yes, and that was it."
Fast forward 57 years to the new BNblitz.com. It takes "writing about us every day" to places Bills fans have never seen.
It starts with blanket coverage of the team – exclusive coverage by the biggest team of sports writers in town: Vic Carucci, Tim Graham, Mark Gaughan, Jay Skurski and columnists Jerry Sullivan, Kimberley Martin and Bucky Gleason. The News has more sports writers covering the Bills than everyone else in town put together.
And then we do more:
- Mark Gaughan's X's and O's takes you inside the film room. Coaches and team executives come and go, but Gaughan has tracked every Bills play for more than two decades. He pulls the curtain back on what the coaches and players want to do, why they want to do it and why it did or didn't succeed.
- We break down the game with features like Tyrod Watch, Stats Wizard, Special Teams and LeSean Report.
- A new BN Blitz daily newsletter, a Daily Drive podcast and a daily BN Blitz Video report lets you keep up any way that works for you.
- Want to know when to buy tickets or where to stay on the road? Ticket Watch and Road Trip Guide will get you to the game. Tailgate Report will find the viral fun.
- Lots of daily diversions. Buffalo Trivia. This Day in Bills History. Even weekly items about uniforms. Yes, uniforms.
- The Ref Report dissects the calls and the challenges.
- And if the season dampens your enthusiasm? Draft Watch tracks the prospects in the quarterback-rich 2018 draft, and Glory Days takes you back.
Try the new BNblitz.com for two weeks for free. After that you will be charged just $2.99 a month for a subscription. If we don't deliver what you need, you may cancel at any time.
Buffalo News and BuffaloNews.com subscribers have free access to BNblitz.com. Just make sure you are logged in as a subscriber.
In the next few days, look for a new BN Blitz app for iPhones. It will have all the same coverage as BNblitz.com but will add the ability to get alerts, save stories and will have the iPhone's great photo galleries. Coming later this fall: a BN Blitz Android app.
Let us know what you think of the new BNblitz.com. Leave comments below or send them to email@example.com.