Tyrod Taylor is in the NFL's concussion protocol, having slammed the back of his head off the M&T Bank Stadium turf Saturday night.
That happened eight plays into the Buffalo Bills' preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens. We don't yet know when he'll be back, let alone if he's a sure thing for the regular-season opener in two weeks.
Taylor's injury gave rookie Nathan Peterman a chance for extended time with the first unit. Peterman didn't look too swell, completing 11 of his 23 throws for 93 yards and an ugly near-interception.
T.J. Yates entered with four minutes left in the third quarter and threw a senseless interception on his first attempt.
A couple of Ravens quarterbacks formerly on the Bills' roster, Thad Lewis and Josh Woodrum (fifth on the depth chart after they drafted Peterman and then released) looked better than anything the Bills offered.
So what's left for the Bills to try at quarterback that doesn't resemble the lower Niagara River sludge discharge?
These are the best options:
- Sign Colin Kaepernick.
- Trade for Chad Kelly.
- Coax Joe Licata away from his Bishop Timon-St. Jude High coaching gig.
- Wildcat snaps to LeSean McCoy (note to self: check on Brad Smith's availability).
- We know he can golf, but can Kyle Williams throw?
- Find Jeff Tuel.
- Acquérir un vieil ami Drew Willy du la Montreal Alouettes.
- The Sabres don't need Jack Eichel for a few more weeks.
- Sign Kyle Orton and trade him for Jay Cutler.
- Bring back former Bills quarterback Ryan Nassib.
- Alex Tanney banking completions off the back judge's clavicle.
- Ladder match among Tyler Thigpen, Brian Brohm and Valu Home Centers Guy. Winner starts the opener.
- Is anyone privy to what the Chargers would need to get Cardale Jones back?
Story topics: Brad Smith/ Brian Brohm/ Cardale Jones/ Chad Kelly/ Colin Kaepernick/ Drew Willy/ Insta-Graham/ Jack Eichel/ Jay Cutler/ Jeff Tuel/ Joe Licata/ Josh Woodrum/ Kyle Orton/ Kyle Williams/ LeSean McCoy/ Nathan Peterman/ t.j. yates/ Thad Lewis/ Tyler Thigpen/ Tyrod Taylor