Seven Buffalo Niagara pediatric offices are being combined into a single practice the Medical Health Associates of Western New York.
The new practice will have 50 health care providers, including 35 physicians, and 200 support staff members.
The merger was the result of more than two years of discussion. The combined practice will be led by Dr. Colleen Mattimore, the group's president.
"We will strive to expand our clinical service and patient access, as well as participate in research and education initiatives," Dr. Michael Heimerl, the new group's vice president, said in a statement announcing the merger. "It is business as usual, in that our patients and the families we serve will not see any disruption whatsoever in the care our physicians and staff provide."
The merger combines the following medical offices:
- Williamsville Pediatric Center in Williamsville;
- Western New York Pediatric Associates in Orchard Park;
- Suburban Pediatrics in Williamsville and Alden;
- Tonawanda Pediatrics and Integrity Health Group in Amherst;
- Transit Meadow Pediatrics in East Amherst;
- Island Pediatrics in Grand Island.
Tonawanda Pediatrics, Transit Meadow Pediatrics and Island Pediatrics already were part of the same practice before the merger.