A fire broke out at the Weidner's chicken booth in the children's area at Erie County Fair at 7:55 p.m. Saturday night.
By 9 p.m., the fire had been extinguished. The Kiddieland area was evacuated and closed, and all nearby animals were moved to different pens.
Fair officials said at that time that no one had been injured. At 9:40 p.m., the fair tweeted that two people had been taken to EMS for evaluation.
Two people taken to EMS for evaluation Kiddleland will reopen on Sun No animals injured Investigstion into cause as begun pic.twitter.com/FGDRSzCAjQ
— Erie County Fair (@ErieCountyFair) August 20, 2017
Witnesses said they heard at least one propane tank explode, but that has not yet been confirmed. "I heard a pop, but I'm not sure that's what it was," said Holly Smyczynski, a spokeswoman for the Fair.
The fire was brought under control quickly and did not spread to a second stand, as was previously reported, Smyczynski said.
All gas lines have been shut off, according to the fair. Kiddieland will remain closed for the evening, but the rest of the Fairgrounds will remain open during the fair's regular hours. Kiddieland is scheduled to reopen for Sunday, the last day of the fair.
Fire crews from Armor, Orchard Park and Hamburg responded.
Video of the fire was shared on Twitter:
— Martin F. Brownsey (@MartyBrownsey) August 20, 2017