Going to see KISS at the Seneca Niagara Casino? Leave the spiked jewelry and extreme makeup to Gene Simmons and Co. if you want to get into the show or casino.
Those are just two things to know if you're attending either the KISS concert or REO Speedwagon and Styx doubleheader, both being held outdoors this weekend at the Niagara Falls casino. Here's more of what you'll need to know before heading to the concerts.
The bands: REO Speedwagon and Styx perform at 7 p.m. Aug. 18. Legendary rock act KISS performs at 8 p.m. Aug. 19 (no opener). Those are the start times for both concerts, so arrive early enough to be in your seats by then or you'll miss some of the music.
The shows: Doors open at 5 p.m. Concerts are rain or shine. Ages 17 and younger are only allowed with a paid accompanying adult. Once you are in, you're in: there's no re-entry.
Tickets: KISS is sold out. There are limited tix for REO/Styx but order them in advance (senecaniagaracasino.com).
Traffic and parking: 6th Street and a portion of Old Falls Street will be blocked off. There is a surface lot and a parking garage at the Casino but lines can be long so get there early.
To avoid delays: The Casino doesn't close, so arrive before the gates open and you can eat, shop or play inside the Casino. Try the Thunder Falls Buffet for a filling meal that can be fast as you need it to be. Dinner, $22-$26, starts at 4 p.m. One note about going into the Casino: Extreme facial make-up is not allowed on the gaming floor.
The outdoor venue
Bags, purses and backpacks: All bags must be 12 inches by 12 inches or smaller. Backpacks are not allowed. All bags will be searched.
Phones and cameras: You can bring your phone, but leave the selfie-sticks and professional cameras home. Also not allowed: DSLR, Leicas, go-pro cameras/sticks, tripods or monopods, video or audio recording equipment of any type.
Animals: Service dogs are allowed, otherwise pets are not allowed.
What's not allowed:
- No outside food or drink allowed. No coolers/ice chests.
- N0 blankets, chairs, tents or seat cushions.
- No cans or bottles (plastic or glass containers).
- No weapons of any kind including handcuffs, utility knives, mace and personal security pepper spray.
- No illegal drugs or substances.
- No wallet chains or sharp spiked jewelry.
- No fireworks or pyro of any kind.
- No aerosol cans, silly string.
- No signs, banners, flags, umbrellas.
- No inflatable items/beach balls.
- No laser pens, glow sticks, candles, flashlights.
- No bicycles/scooters/Segways/hoverboards/skateboards.
- No noise making devices such as whistles, horns, instruments, bells.