Share this article

print logo

Unattended cooking sparks City of Tonawanda blaze

A fire caused by food left cooking on a stove caused about $15,000 in damage to a City of Tonawanda house on Sunday night, according to the City of Tonawanda Fire Department.

The blaze at 33 Elmwood Park West, reported at 8:51 p.m., was confined to the kitchen but heavy smoke caused damage throughout the home.

A 12-year-old girl who lived at the home heard the smoke detector and alerted her family. All of the residents escaped unharmed.

There are no comments - be the first to comment