Share this article

print logo

Kitten saved from Lockport house fire sparked by short in outlet

Firefighters saved a kitten from a house fire Thursday night in Lockport that was sparked by a short in an electrical outlet, the city fire department said.

Nobody else was home when the blaze at 21 South St. was reported at 8:51 p.m. The fire started in the living room, the department said.

Damages to the house, which sustained heat and smoke damage, were estimated at $33,000. The kitten, which was found in a room next to the one burning, was not injured.

There are no comments - be the first to comment