Share this article

print logo

Careless use of torch sparked blaze at Kaisertown machine repair shop

A fire Friday morning on the roof of a heavy machinery repair business in Kaisertown was caused by the "careless use of a cutting torch," according to the Buffalo Fire Department.

The blaze at MRC Technologies, 25 Roberts Ave., caused damage estimated at $100,000.

Firefighters reported the blaze was under control at about 10:24 a.m., about 10 minutes after first being dispatched to the scene, according to fire department radio transmissions.

There are no comments - be the first to comment