Share this article

print logo

Kitchen fire on Genesee Street causes $1,000 damage

About $1,000 worth of kitchen items were damaged by a fire at 479 Genesee St. late Saturday afternoon, according to the Buffalo Fire Department.

The initial call about the fire came at 3:39 p.m. Saturday and sent a number of units to the scene. The fire was reported out by 3:59 p.m. with only the $1,000 damage to items in the kitchen. No damage to the structure  was reported.

An ambulance was needed at the scene because fire crews reported that a civilian man who was instrumental in putting out the kitchen fire "took in a lot of smoke" and needed medical treatment.

There are no comments - be the first to comment