Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo will visit the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus on Tuesday morning to talk about the recently approved state budget.
Cuomo is scheduled to be at the Rev. Dr. Bennett W. Smith Sr. Family Life Center on Michigan Avenue at 10 a.m.
The newly passed $163 billion state budget includes provisions on a number of high-profile issues, including:
- Free tuition at State University of New York colleges for families earning less than $100,000 a year.
- Rules for ride-hailing services will allow them to be up and running in upstate this summer.
- $525 million for the second phase of the Buffalo Billion program.
- An increase in overall state aid for schools by more than $1 billion.
- Raising the age of adult criminal responsibility from 16 to 18 years old.