Share this article

print logo

Child playing with lighter sparks Buffalo house fire

Two house fires were reported late Wednesday night in Buffalo, including one that fire officials believe was sparked by a child playing with a lighter.

Just after 10 p.m., Buffalo firefighters were dispatched to a blaze reported at 1270 Kensington Ave., between Bailey Avenue and Eggert Road. The fire was in the first floor of the house and caused $15,000 in damage. Fire investigators said it was caused by a child playing with a lighter.

Then at about 11:20 p.m. a fire was reported at 53 Warring Avenue, near Genesee Street and Bailey. That fire started in the basement and may have been caused by an electrical problem. The damages were estimated at $65,000.

 

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment