Maple Weekend starts Saturday and Sunday at 60 maple producers across Western New York and the rest of the state.
The annual event will continue on March 25 and 26, and runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Erie County participants include:
- Smith’s Maple, 5257 Maple Road in Hamburg
- Stony Acres Maple, 2627 Three Rod Road in East Aurora
- Maple Glen Sugar House, 2266 Gowanda Zoar Road in Gowanda
- Kist Maple, 9422 South Hill Road in Boston
- Weber’s Maple, 1241 Davis Road in West Falls
- Ploetz’s Maple, 12955 Dowd Road in Springville
In Niagara County, participants include Wolf Maple at 9355 Chestnut Ridge Road in Middleport and the Gaeta Family Farm, 3789 Ridge Road in Lockport.
Maple farms will open their facilities to show how maple syrup and other maple products are made. Many producers also offer other activities, such as horse and wagon rides.
Admission is free.
In New York, maple producers manufactured 707,000 gallons of maple syrup in 2016, an increase of 18 percent from 2015, according to New York State Maple Producers Association.
A complete list of participating sites is available at www.mapleweekend.com.