The latest campaign finance reports, covering the period from mid-July 2016 to mid-January 2017, were due Jan. 17 with the state Board of Elections.
Here's what the reports show for Buffalo Councilmembers:
- Delaware Councilman Joel Feroleto: He raised $25,187 - much of it at a fundraiser in September - and spent $5,701 leaving him with $20,175. Among his contributors are developers doing business with the city including Nicholas Sinatra, TM Montante and Ellicott Development, each giving $500 to his campaign fund. Feroleto also received $1,000 from former state Sen.Marc Panepinto. Feroleto's biggest expense - roughly $2,600 to Oliver's restaurant - was for the fundraiser that raised much of his current political war chest.
- Council President Darius Pridgen, who represents the Ellicott District: Didn't raise any money during the period, but spent $4,193. Most of his spending covered his expenses - over $3,000 to attend the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Pridgen currently has $20,410 in his political war chest.
- Fillmore Councilman David Franczyk: Raised $415, spent $1,579 and has $4,460 in campain funds remaining.
- Lovejoy Councilman Rich Fontana: Raised $400, spent $375 and has $7,490 remaining in his campaign account.
- Masten Councilman Ulysees Wingo: No record of a mid-January 2017 report filed as of this morning. His last posted report, from July 2016, showed a $1,183 balance.
- Niagara District Councilman David Rivera: Campaign filing says no money raised or spent in current filing period. The last time his campaign reported any activity was in 2015, when he reported having $17,520 in his campaign fund.
- North District Councilman Joseph Golombek: Raised $125, spent $968 and has $24,924 in campaign funds remaining.
- South District Councilman Chris Scanlon: Raised $14,426 and spen $9,197 leaving $9,607 in his campaign account.
Contributions to his campaign include $500 from the Buffalo police union, $500 from the Buffalo firefighters union and $1,000 from Conrgressman Brian Higgins.
- University Councilman Rasheed Wyatt: No record of a mid-January 2017 report filed as of this morning. His last posted report, from July 2015, showed a $3,383 balance..
City leaders react to Trump
In case anyone missed it, I posted Mayor Brown's most recent statement on the President Trump's latest refugee/immigrant executive order as well as Council President Pridgen's recorded video on the issue on my Facebook page. Pridgen's video had over 7,700 views as of this morning.
Today's calendar items
Council committee meetings today, with Civil Service and Finance in the morning, folllowed by Community Development and Legislation in the afternoon.
Masten Councilman Wingo hosting a public meeting on deli licenses 6 p.m. at Delavan Grider Community Center, 877 Delavan Ave.
In today's Buffalo News and on buffalonews.com, my colleague Jonathan Epstein has story from Monday's Planning Board, when Ciminelli Read Estate's revised Elmwood Avenue plan was on the agenda.
Like me on Facebook: City Hallways
Email me at: email@example.com
Post mail me at: Buffalo News, 1 News Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14240
Story topics: City Hallways