Sidewalk snow check
Here's what a check of sidewalks on Hertel to Main to Fillmore to Best found this morning: It couldn't have been an easy walk, given all the sidewalks that, as of 8:45 a.m., weren't cleared.
Lots of private homes and businesses, including some across from schools, hadn't cleared their walks.
Ditto for some private properties that people walk past to get to bus stops and Metro stations.
Here's one example, from Hertel Avenue.
I found similar conditions on Main and Best, and to a lesser extent Fillmore, particularly with private properties.
Sidewalks on city-owned properties generally seemed OK, and sidewalks in front of schools were cleared off, on the streets I drove down.
Brown vs. Paladino?
I got a political survey call over the weekend from a research firm asking about the upcoming mayor's race.
Here are the questions asked:
- How likely are you to vote in mayor's race in November 2017 general election?
- Are you a Democrat? Republican? Independent? Other?
- Is Buffalo headed in the right or wrong direction?
- What is your opinion of the following people (very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable, very unfavorable, no opinion, or never heard of them):
- Mark Poloncarz
- Michael Chapman
- Byron Brown
- Andrew Cuomo
- Mark Schroeder
- Crystal Peoples-Stokes
- Carl Paladino
- Tim Kennedy
- Betty Jean Grant
- If election was between Republican Carl Paladino and Democrat Byron Brown, who would you vote for?
- Is there an issue that will affect your vote in the November mayoral election?
I asked the pollster if they were working for one of the individuals mentioned in the survey. She said the poll was being done by Kalamata Research and that she didn't know who had commissioned the poll.
Today's calendar items
- Planning Board meets 4 p.m. today.
- Agenda includes plan to construct four town homes at 2040 Delaware Ave.
In today's Buffalo News and at BuffaloNews.com, I have a story on Buffalo's immigration status: Buffalo is a resettlement city, not sanctuary city, Mayor Brown says.
Email me at: email@example.com
Post mail me at: Buffalo News, 1 News Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14240
Story topics: City Hallways