Share this article

print logo

Ciminelli withdraws demolition permit applications

Ciminelli Real Estate Corp. issued a statement late Friday saying it had withdrawn demolition permit applications for multiple properties related to its proposed Arbor + Reverie project on Elmwood Avenue.

The developer announced earlier this week that it was scaling back the controversial project to remove the five-story Arbor building for now, preferring to focus on the smaller four-story Reverie.

Yet that hadn't been enough to assuage some critics from Elmwood Village, who assailed the project Friday as not compliant with the Green Code, and criticized the firm for proceeding with demolition requests.

But Friday, CEO Paul Ciminelli said the developer was no longer seeking permits to knock down structures on either project site.

In a statement Friday evening, Ciminelli said that there "will be no demolition at the site prior to the Green Code going into effect, and that the project will go through the entire approval process as established by the Green Code. The City of Buffalo has worked long and hard on developing an updated Green Code and our team has been closely following the changes to ensure our project is aligned with the new Code.”

The project will be reviewed on Monday by the Buffalo Planning Board.

There are no comments - be the first to comment